Hi there! I just wanted to stop in and share a few traveling tips that keep a busy toddler busy! Luckily Esmaé is a pretty good traveler and loves to nap everywhere, but we have plenty of difficult moments too. Especially on those on-the-go trips.
You may have tried/heard of most of these, but if not I hope they work for you as well as they do for us! Also, please share your tips below! I would LOVE to learn more!
- Be well prepared, planned and organized. You want to make sure you know where everything is, so when fussiness comes you can calm your child quickly and stress free.
- Bring snacks in separate containers and baggies. This keeps Esmaé preoccupied for a while because she loves to open containers and baggies to get her snacks. I try not to over fill the bags but put small snack handfuls in each. I love to give her snacks when she’s been in the stroller a while and wants out. Our favorites are: pretzels, puffs, gold fish, veggie sticks, apple slices and cheese sticks.
- Bring on the go 2-3 Crayons and a small note pad. This works wonders in restaurants that don’t cater to children.
- Boogle board. If you don’t already have this – then you must! I have 3! One in the house, one in the car and one in my diaper/baby bag!
- Ipad!!!! So I used to think I would be one of those moms who will not let my child use electronics, and then I had a child. Haha! But sometimes you just want eat a meal without getting interrupted for 5 minutes. I also like to let her play/watch it in that moment I’m at the register and she decides she’s over it. Its been a life saver. You can create a hotspot with your phone and connect to the internet from anywhere.
- Bring 1-2 of their favorite toys. I don’t like to bring too many incase you end up loosing something, which happens often.
- Take Breaks – when on the go, we like to take Esmaé out of the stroller and let her run around for a few minutes to let her burn some energy. That way by the time we need to sit down for a lunch or dinner, or if I want to visit a store for a little shopping trip she will sit relaxed in the stroller.
- Invest in a good travel stroller! This one is huge for me! because a good/sturdy/comfortable stroller makes your life easier. Its a place they can sit and eat, sleep and nap.
- Have on hand extra diapers, wipes and 1 set of clothes at all times. Because you never know.
- Water wipes! These are a must to clean up spills, wash hands and face, clean a surface, toys that have rolled on the ground etc.
Id love to hear your tips and tricks to keep your toddler busy ! Please share them below!
Thanks for stopping by!
Photography by the talented Mila Eugenia Photography
Shop This Look: